April 4th – 8th, 4:00 – 5:30 pm EST. Open to students, parents, and teachers.
C.S. Lewis says that the best literature teacher is the one that gets you—and your modern assumptions—out of the way and lets you see the book as it truly is.
Let Angelina Stanford, MA English literature, show you how to “see” Sir Gawain and The Green Knight as she guides you through an encounter with Mystery, Enchantment, and Grace.
• Find out why everything you know about Sir Gawain is wrong
• Learn how to read with Medieval Eyes
• Discover the connection between The Aeneid and Sir Gawain
• Explore the Medieval understanding of the tension between Law and Grace
• Laugh! It’s meant to be a comedy!
Study Sir Gawain and The Green Knight with a teacher trained by Dr. Burton Raffel, famed Sir Gawain translator and scholar.
We recommend the Burton Raffel translation (Signet Classic edition).