While round one of our Bard Madness literature bracket didn’t provide a lot of suspense, round two promises to be a doozy.
The first sixteen matchups went mostly chalk (that is, the higher seeds won) in dominant fashion, but in round 2 we have matchups like these to vote on:
- Julius Caesar vs Twelfth Night
- Merchant of Venice vs Much Ado About Nothing
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream vs As You Like it
Make your voice heard by voting now! Round two voting ends March 24th.
Here’s a breakdown of round 1 voting:
- Hamlet defeated Timon of Athens unanimously. Not even one vote for poor Timon.
- The Taming of the Shrew defeated The Winter’s Tale with 70% of the vote.
- Julius Caesar defeated All’s Well That Ends Well with 73% of the vote.
- Twelfth Night defeated Measure for Measure with 85% of the vote.
- King Lear defeated King John with 94% of the vote.
- Richard III defeated Richard II with 71% of the vote.
- Henry V defeated Cymbeline with 87% of the vote.
- Antony and Cleopatra defeated Coriolanus with 73% of the vote.
- The Tempest defeated Pericles with 93% of the vote.
- Othello defeated Romeo and Juliet with 52% of the vote.
- The Merchant of Venice defeated Love’s Labours Lost with 85% of the vote.
- Much Ado About Nothing defeated Henry VIII with 92% of the vote.
- Macbeth defeated Troilus and Cressida with 95% of the vote.
- A Comedy of Errors defeated Henry IV with 54% of the vote. Upset!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream defeated Two Gentlemen of Verona with 90% of the vote.
- As You Like It defeated The Merry Wives of Windsor with 89% of the vote.