My friend Dr. Jon Fennell asked a few of his associates where we see political correctness coming up in college life. Putting it into a list was a good exercise, and here sits my present list. I’d be interested if any of you have more thoughts on this.
- A general bias toward state-centered solutions to all problems
- Women, queer, and ethnic studies placed in deliberate conflict with western civ
- Naturalism and utilitarianism as the accepted philosophical foundations
- Anti-logocentric approach in literature and history
- Abstract rights given priority over concrete traditions, which are more or less ignored or dismissed
- Graham crackers are raciiiiist (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)