Memorial Lutheran School of Houston, TX seeking headmaster
Memorial Lutheran is a classical school in Houston that we’ve been friends with for a while. They’re good folks and we’re happy to help them in their search for a new head of school. Potential headmasters, please consider looking into this opportunity.
Here’s the job description.
School Description and Job Summary:
Memorial Lutheran School in Houston, Texas, founded in 1980, is a Christ-centered, Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod affiliated school with a student body of 230 children. The curriculum emphasis is one of Christian instruction and classical education. Class levels offered range from Infant Care to 8th Grade. Memorial Lutheran School is located in central west Houston in a mixed professional and residential area and serves a diverse student body of both congregational members of Memorial Lutheran Church as well as children of professionals working in the offices and businesses near the school. The school is accredited by the National Lutheran Schools Accreditation Commission (NLSAC) and the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC), approved by the Texas Education Agency (TEA), and a member of Houston Area Independent Schools (HAIS).
We are currently searching for a skilled, effective and articulate leader to serve as School Headmaster and advance the vision and mission of the school. The Headmaster provides administrative leadership for the school ministry, supervises all day school teachers, assistants and support staff, reports directly to the Senior Pastor, and works closely with the School Board.
Academic Leadership of the School, including:
- Supervision, development and management of Teaching Staff
- Implementation, evaluation and revision of School Curriculum along with the Dean of Curriculum
Organizational Leadership and Management:
- Supervision, development and management of Admissions Directory, Early Childhood Director, and Support Staff
- Effective school-wide communication with parents, faculty, staff, students and administration
- Supervision and management of school operations, Including business management in conjunction with the church Director of Finance
- Working with the school board on the implementation and evaluation of school policies and operations
- Working with the school board to develop a strategic plan
- Promoting the school through advertising, tours, written literature, and programs that increase visibility and clearly articulates the school vision and goals
- College graduate with training in teaching.
- Master’s Degree in Education or equivalent.
- Coursework completed in Educational Administration.
- Synodically trained or has completed LCMS teacher colloquy.
- Five or more years of administrative experience.
Please send resumes or inquiries to:
Headmaster Call Committee
Memorial Lutheran Church and School
5800 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77057-5617