Registration for the 2023-2024 Atrium is now open!
- Norms and Nobility with Tonya Rozelle
- Plato’s Dialogues with Marc Hays
- Shakespeare with Heidi White
- The Divine Comedy with Kristen Rudd
- The Great Ideas with Jonathan Councell
Please select the group for which you wish to apply by using the drop-down menu.
Once we receive your application we will be in touch via email with details regarding billing, materials, access, technology, etc.
WHAT DOES THE ATRIUM COST?
The Atrium requires a $75 application fee. Tuition is $750 for the year, and books are purchased separately by each participant.
DO YOU OFFER PAYMENT PLANS?
Through our payment partnership with FACTS, participants may pay via a single payment of $750 (our annual payment plan) or in ten monthly installments of $75 from the tenth of July through the tenth of April. Please note: All accounts must remain in good standing to be eligible for the Apprenticeship tuition credit. If joining the class in September, then the tuition can be divided across the remaining months.
WHAT ARE THE CURRICULA FOR EACH GROUP?
• Participants in Tonya Rozelle’s course will need to purchase a copy of the course text, Norms and Nobility by David Hicks.
• Participants in Marc Hay’s course will need to purchase a copy of the course text, Plato: Complete Works edited by John M. Cooper.
• Participants in Heidi White’s course will need to purchase the texts listed in the course description.
• Participants in Kristen Rudd’s course will need to purchase Dante’s Divine Comedy.
• Participants in Jonathan Councell’s course will need to purchase the two texts from each Idea listed in the course description.
HOW IS THE ATRIUM DIFFERENT FROM THE APPRENTICESHIP?
In the Atrium all activities are online, travel is not necessary, the level of participation is determined by the participant, and there is no certification associated with the Atrium. In the Apprenticeship, in addition to online interaction, apprentices travel to retreats twice each year; Apprentices are required to complete various reading, writing, and teaching assignments and are formally evaluated each semester; and Apprentices who complete the 3-year course of study and associated requirements become CiRCE Certified Classical Teachers.
WHEN CAN I START IN THE ATRIUM?
The new Atrium communities begin in August and September. After September 30th, new applicants may apply to be part of the group for the following year.
WHAT IF I CAN’T MAKE A LIVE WEBINAR AT THE SCHEDULED TIME?
All webinars will be recorded. Atrium participants will have access to recorded webinars to view at their leisure.
WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
Participants who decide to withdraw from the Atrium will be refunded 100% of the tuition if they withdraw prior to August 1st. After August 1st no refunds are available.